Friday, October 26, 2012

Hexagons and Something "Old"

Hello and Happy Friday!  

We're having a good time weathering Hurricane Sandy. Actually, there's not much going on. Some gusty winds and rain. I hope the folks up north don't get hit too badly. This is going to sound a little insane, but I enjoy when storms come our way. Anything up to a Cat 2 hurricane, I'm fairly ok with. Anything more than that and we're gettin' outta Dodge! I like to "hunker down", get cozy, cancel everything (a clear calendar is cause enough for joy, no?) and just stay home. And on days like today, I even get to spend a little extra time getting my fingers inky!

Here are a couple of cards I made recently. The first is using the My Favorite Things Hexagon die - I really love this die and I'm looking forward to using it some more. Patterned paper is the a-DOR-able Dewey Decimal papers from Lawn fawn. Craft is Neenah Desert Storm card stock.






Next up is this little number. It makes me want to have high tea. And it reminds me so much of my very sweet grandmother. 

I recently picked up the Martha Stewart Mini Scoring board and wanted to to do something with it other than score the fold on my card. :)  The little pearls are not gems, but tiny dots of Liquid Pearls. I love how the Liquid Pearls retains it's dimension after it dries. And no fiddling with 50 or 60 tiny gems. The lace is old, given to me by my mother years ago. And the sentiment is modified from the exclusive Simon Says Stamp Apothecary Stamp and die set.

You will be seeing a lot more projects from me using their exclusive stamps and dies. I'm completely smitten with the stuff they're coming out with!






Well, that's it for now! Have a great weekend, and if you're in the path of ol' Sandy STAY SAFE!!

Hugs,
Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment