Thursday, March 15, 2012

Well, Hi there!

Hello, and welcome to my brand spankin' new blog! I'm kind of excited to do this; I've wanted to start a creative journal for so long, but I'm not so good with the pen and paper. Plus, a blog allows me to add photos and share it all with folks who enjoy such things.

I'll start by introducing you to my space! I'm always so curious about where people do their creating. Hmm...Not sure curious is the right wood. Maybe Im nosey? :)

Over the 12+ years I've been papercrafting I've had a number of different craft areas and setups. A few years ago I needed to pare down my space to fit into a corner of our loft. This was not going to be easy for a number of reasons. However a primary concern was that we wanted the space to not be cluttered. I may or may not have had a problem with that in the past. Also, since it's in a main living area, it would be nice to be able to close things up when they're not in use.

We settled on the WorkBox by The Original Scrapbox. This thing is a beast!


You can watch a video about the the Workbox here.

I used the Workbox as it was designed to be used for a few years, but then about 6 months ago I got a wild hair and decided to rearrange things a little to make the many, many drawers and cubbies more user-friendly for me.




It's well loved and in quite a state right now, but that's the nature of things, isn't it?  Anyone who papercrafts would probably agree that this is a painfully small workspace. While there are times I would really appreciate a permanent place for my Cuttlebug or Silhouette, for the most part this works for me. I just have to be constantly picking up after myself. I may go into more detail in another post. 

Hope you all get to do something satisfying and crafty today! See you next time!

A

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new blog. Looks great! and that is an awesome piece of furniture. It's great to have a place for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I strongly recommend you remove that security "prove you're not a robot thing". Lots of people will avoid leaving a comment if they have to go through that! I think most bloggers have disconnected that feature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, thanks for the heads up, Judi! I'll change that right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOve the look of your workspace, the ribbon tidy is particulary appealing. Have fun with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Angel,
    Congratulations on your new blog. Love your workspace; to me you look very organized

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOLY MOLY Angel - go big or go home, huh??!! So impressive and SO organized! Oh, ditto to what Judi said. I tell all my friends that when they start blogging. You are spam protected automatically, so don't worry! Beautiful blog and best of luck - have fun! Hugs, Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! You're off to a great start and it's nice seeing what one of the ScrapBox's really look like in person!! I never realized they could hold so many goodies!

    Congrats again on your new blog and I hope you'll enjoy it!!

    PS: I second that idea that Marcy added about the Security....a lot of time, I get make so many mistakes trying to type the correct letters, that I get frustrated and give up on leaving comments. I know others feel the same way and you can ALWAYS delete ANY comment you don't like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Angel! Congrats on starting a blog! I'll be back often to see what you're up to! Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the organization of it all in one place, but I'd definitely need a 2nd table!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoo Hooo, well done Angel! Very impressive workspace and I have spied lots of goodies.
    Good luck with your blogging, hope you have list of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your new blog, Angel! I know how much I have enjoyed mine already (and I just started a week or so ago)! I love that you started with a post about your workspace (I will have to do some serious tidying up before I let the world see mine! :) I will check back in often to see what you're up to -- would love to have you stop by mine, too! www.jenandpaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on starting your new blog. It is a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing your workspace too. It looks wonderful to have all of your craft supplies close by.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your new blog - enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome the world of crafty blogs! I'm so glad you announced your new blog in the HA Flickr site. I love your crafting space, you look very organized. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Angel, Great blog! I love your workspace. It's tight, but so well designed. There is tons of storage. :-) I can't wait to see more from you here.

    ReplyDelete