Thursday, September 6, 2012

STAMPtember Challenge!!

I'm so happy to be inspired by Simon Say's Stamp! to not only create something today, but also to get on here and post on my blog again! It's been sorely neglected. Life happens, eh?

I can't think of a better way to start this Thursday morning than by hopping along with Simon Says Stamp! blog's second STAMPtember blog hop! There is soooo much inspiration and great ideas on this hop - some seriously talented ladies. I loved that there was a focus on washi tape. I've been wanting to play with washi tape more - I just needed a little push.

So, I just had to accept the challenge. And here's my little creation:



I started with a piece of watercolor paper - I used the smooth side for this - and stamped the Penny Black background with VersaMark ink and embossed using white Zing powder.

I then used Distress Ink Markers in Broken China and Peeled Paint to scribble in diagonal sections. I overlapped the colors a bit so that they would blend - I then used a mini mister to spray liberally with pearlized water and set aside to dry. Then I got impatient and used my heat gun to finish the job. :)  A baby wipe, used lightly, will clean up the ink off the white embossed areas.

Finally, I cut the piece a little smaller than my card base, and pop-dotted it onto my card.

I covered a small piece of Neenah Solar White in green washi tape and die cut my butterfly out of it, adding a little blue dot washi to the edges of her wings. A few pearls, and she's done.

My sentiment is stamped on Neenah Solar White also, and the cut with Spellbinders Labels 8.

So there you have it! Thanks so much for stopping by - Come back soon!

Angel




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, now . . . how about step by step pictures for us 'not-so-crafty' peeps???
    Sweet card and I'll be looking for it in my mailbox!! :)

    ReplyDelete